25th Annual College Information Night
Monday, September 24, 2018
4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Why should I attend College Information Night at the AV Fairgrounds?
- This is a FREE event open to the public
- You will learn what it takes to get into college
- You can meet UC, CSU, community, private and technical college representatives
- There will be workshops about applying for financial aid and writing college essays
- You will find out what scholarships are available
Salute to Youth: The Career Connection
Thursday, October 11, 2018
9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
An event designed to introduce invited AVUHSD Freshmen and a limited number of 8th grade students to a variety of career and education opportunities available after high school graduation. Students also can explore the various career academies available through the Antelope Valley Union High School District.
The AV Prep Council, along with local business, industry and government leaders bring together exhibitors who provide hands-on demonstrations and engaging displays that excite students about possibilities for futures in entry, technical and professional level jobs. Students attend this field trip in 1.45-hour blocks.