Salute to Youth
Thursday, October 11, 2018
9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Join us at the AV Fairgrounds for an event designed to introduce invited AVUHSD Freshmen and a limited number of 8th grade students to a variety of career and education opportunities available after high school graduation. Students also can explore the various career academies available through the Antelope Valley Union High School District.
The AV Prep Council, along with local business, industry and government leaders bring together exhibitors who provide hands-on demonstrations and engaging displays that excite students about possibilities for futures in entry, technical and professional level jobs. Students attend this field trip in 1.45-hour blocks.
Industries represented include:
- Agriculture & Natural Resources
- Arts, Media & Entertainment
- Building & Construction Trades
- Business & Finance
- Education, Child Development & Family Services
- Energy, Environment & Utilities
- Engineering & Architecture
- Fashion & Interior Design
- Health Science & Medical Technology
- Hospitality, Tourism & Recreation
- Information & Communications Technology
- Manufacturing & Product Development
- Marketing, Sales & Service
- Public Services
- Transportation & Logistics