The Antelope Valley Union High School District proudly invites you/your organization to participate in our 27th Salute to Youth event at the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds. Over 3,000 high school and middle school students from the Antelope Valley, including Southern Kern County, and Mojave area will take part. Take advantage of this interacting opportunity to network with students and play an active role in their future. Our goal is to provide students with opportunities to discover their personal interests, introduce them to career professionals, and develop skills needed for success. With your help, we will be able to inspire students to take the necessary courses at an earlier age, graduate on time, and especially be ready for success.
This event includes a small snack and a boxed sandwich lunch for exhibitors, a career passport collaborative challenge, and complete student interaction as they visit exhibitor booths. We encourage you to add activities with an interactive element for 8th and 9th grade students who are more visual and experimental learners. We are looking for displays that are hands-on, educational, and dynamic that will engage students.
Benefits of Participating:
- Inform students about work-based learning opportunities such as job shadowing or internships
- Help students engage in “non-traditional” classes and careers
- Contribute your specific skills or education
- Provide networking outside the walls of a classroom
- Actively recruit your future workforce and improve the quality of life in the Antelope Valley
- Benefit your community by assisting students to become better informed and prepared
- Work directly with the local school districts to develop future scholars and productive citizens
- Improve the educational experience of our local students
- Enhance your commitment to making our local area an outstanding place to call “home”
Our event has been a great success for over 25 years, so don’t wait to register! Registration forms will be accepted until October 5, 2018, and please remember that Salute to Youth is free of charge.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more about this fantastic event, contact Rosalinda Garcia at email@example.com or call (661) 575-1035.
INTERACTIVE DISPLAY IDEAS:
Here are some ideas/samples of previous exhibitors that include interactive, successful demonstrations. Please remember that an interactive display invites and responds to interaction from students via buttons, touchscreens, functioning products (static displays) and many other ways.
October 11, 2018 at the AV Fairgrounds, 2551 West Ave. H, Lancaster, CA 93536
Set-up is from 1-4p.m., on Wednesday, October 10, 2018. This time is mandatory, unless you spoke to the STY team and we OK'd a Thursday morning set-up. We will open our doors at 6:30a.m. to accommodate early set-up for special circumstances.
- On set-up day (10/10/18), please make sure you bring all of your necessary supplies and equipment (e.g., extension cords and safety covers, surge protectors, electronics, duct tape, etc.). Note: There is limited electrical availability, by pre-registration only, first-come, first-served.
- Exhibitors will be allowed to drive in close to the pavilions to drop off supplies on set-up day only, not on the day of the event. If a vehicle is part of your display (pre-approved from registration form), please get directives on placement of the vehicle from event staff.
- On set-up day, one person from each exhibitor/registration form must check-in at the information table (black table covering) inside the main pavilion. Sign-in and find out your designated location.
- Please make sure you wear closed-toe, flat shoes and appropriate clothing at all times while on premises.
- Don't forget that we are including an interactive career passport for students. We need your assistance with this activity because students will receive stickers from exhibitors. Please obtain stickers during check-in with the information table. We ask you to hand out stickers only to students that ask a relevant, career-related question. At the end of each session, students who obtain all six stickers will have the opportunity to be entered into a raffle of various gift-cards.
- When you check-in on the day of the event (10/11/18), we will provide you with vouchers for a complimentary meal served by Friends of the Fair. You will be issued lunch tickets based on requests to our survey. Please make sure you submit your lunch request before October 5. Our Survey Monkey form is located at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DSY6D2L Lunch should be taken between the 1st or 2nd session (10:30-11:00a.m. or after 12:30p.m., or before students arrive). Additionally, you will be provided with coffee and pastries prior to students arriving; once students are in the building, coffee and pastries will not be available.
- Restrooms are available inside both pavilions.
- Make sure you have enough handouts/give-aways for all students attending (approx. 2,500). Please provide an interactive student experience. No student leads may be taken on the day.
- Arrive at the AV Fairgrounds between 7:45-8:15a.m. on Thursday, 10/11. Check-in and pick-up your name labels, lunch tickets and exhibitor survey.
- Student session times are:
- 1st session 9:00-10:30a.m.
- 2nd session 11:00-12:30p.m.
- Tear-down/clean-up 12:30-1:00p.m.
- During clean-up, please return your sign and folded table cloth, dispose of your trash in containers, and turn-in your event survey to STY representatives. Please pick up your participation certificate from the information table before leaving the premises.