SALUTE TO YOUTH: The Career Connection
Thur Apr 2, 2020 | Fairgrounds, Lancaster, CA
The Antelope Valley Union High School District proudly invites you/your organization to participate in our 28th Salute to Youth event at the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds. Over 3,000 high school and middle school students from the Antelope Valley, including Southern Kern County and Mojave area, will take part. Take advantage of this unique event to network with students and play an active role in their future. Our goal is to provide students with opportunities to discover their personal interests, introduce them to career professionals, and develop skills needed for success. With your help, we will be able to inspire students to take the necessary courses at an earlier age, graduate on time, and especially be ready for future success.
This event includes a small snack and a boxed sandwich lunch for exhibitors, and deliberate student interaction as they visit exhibitor booths. We encourage you to add activities with an engaging element for 8th and 9th grade students who are more visual and experiential learners. We are looking for displays that are hands-on, educational, age-appropriate,and dynamic that will engage students of all interest.
Benefits of Participating:
- Inform students about work-based learning opportunities such as job shadowing or internships
- Help students engage in “non-traditional” classes and careers
- Contribute your specific skills or education
- Provide networking outside the walls of a classroom
- Actively recruit your future workforce and improve the quality of life in the Antelope Valley
- Benefit your community by assisting students to become better informed and prepared
- Work directly with the local school districts to develop future scholars and productive citizens
- Improve the educational experience of our local students
- Enhance your commitment to making our local area an outstanding place to call “home”
Our event has been a great success for over 27 years, so don’t wait to register! Registration forms will be accepted until March 30, 2020, and please remember that Salute to Youth is FREE of charge.
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic event or to register visit our blog at: http://avsalutetoyouth.blogspot.com/, or contact Rosalinda Garcia at email@example.com or call (661) 575-1035. For your convenience, a PDF registration form is available at STY Exhibitors 2020
INTERACTIVE DISPLAY IDEAS:
Here are some ideas/samples of previous exhibitors that include interactive, successful demonstrations. Please remember that an interactive display invites and responds to interaction from students via buttons, touchscreens, functioning products (static displays) and many other ways.