The Antelope Valley Union High School District will extend the physical closure of our schools through the end of the academic year. While we remain physically apart, the District will continue to provide distance learning and support services for all students through June 4, 2020.
- Superintendent Updates
- District Updates
- Distance Learning Grading Policy
- Mental Health Resources
- School Counseling
- Academic Resources
- Special Education Resources
- Meal Distribution
- Work Permits
The Antelope Valley Union High School District is committed to the continued Mental Health Support for all our students.
To access Mental Health Support through the district please call 661-418-2309. A School Mental Health provider will be available from 7:30 am - 12:00 pm and 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
If you need immediate support please call 911.
Please access additional resources HERE.
While our schools remain physically closed, counselors at every school site are prepared to continue the support of our student’s academic, social/emotional, and college/career needs. Below are several ways in which students, parents, and staff can connect with a school counselor:
- Virtual one-on-one meetings using Google Meet or Zoom. Individuals are able to schedule a virtual meeting using the youcanbook.me links at the following: https://bit.ly/avbookme
- Via email using the email addresses listed on the following link: https://bit.ly/avbookme
- By visiting a "drop-in" Google Meet room (hours and links found at https://bit.ly/avbookme )
- Ask Counseling to contact you using our Google Check-in Request form: https://bit.ly/avcheckin2020
- Additionally, all students have been enrolled in a Grade Level Google Classroom where we will post “Weekly Bulletins” that address frequently asked questions (FAQs), provide resources, and give updates on policies and relevant changes to academic, college & career, and social & emotional subjects. You may view the bulletins here: https://bit.ly/CounselingBulletins
While we are continuing to develop plans for distance learning, the District remains dedicated to ensuring educational excellence for every student. The enrichment opportunities listed below are not intended to be a replacement for classroom instruction, but are a resource for students to continue their learning.
TED-Ed is an award-winning education platform that serves millions of teachers and students around the world every week. These videos and lessons address a wide range of subjects from Science to Art to Social-Emotional Learning.
Khan Academy provides custom free online lessons and practice. In addition, our district has provided the PSAT to all of our students for the past few years. Not only does this test help students to prepare for the SAT and towards College and Career Readiness, but it also customizes learning activities that are aligned to our academic standards.
Naviance is a comprehensive college and career readiness solution for middle and high schools that helps align student strengths and interests to post-secondary goals, and improve student outcomes. The tools in the system help students refine their goals with support from teachers, counselors, and families. Students can access Naviance through their PowerSchool sign-on.
We are excited to launch the AVUHSD Distance Learning Student & Family Resource Center. This Google site is designed to provide students with disabilities and families with resources to support distance learning in all academic areas during school closure. You can access the site by visiting https://tinyurl.com/SPED-DL-Student-Family.
You can find additional resources from the Antelope Valley SELPA by clicking HERE.
Antelope Valley School Districts Seamless Meal Program
Locations and Serving Times
Antelope Valley Union High School District:
Lunch and take-home breakfast will be provided “Drive-Thru” style in the Student-Main parking lot(s) from 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Antelope Valley High School
- Eastside High School
- Highland High School
- Lancaster High School
- Pete Knight High School
- Littlerock High School
- Quartz Hill High School
- Palmdale High School
Acton-Agua Dulce Unified School District:
High Desert School from 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
& at the following AADUSD Bus Stops:
- Action School from 9:15 a.m. to 9:35 a.m.
- Le Chene Restaurant from 10:00 a.m. to 10:20 a.m.
- Thousand Trails (in parking lot by the office) 10:40 a.m. to11:00 a.m.
- Vincent Hill 11:15 a.m. to 11:35 a.m
Eastside Union School District:
Breakfast and lunch 11:00-1:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday at all school sites and bus stops. Friday Meal Kits are being distributed on Thursday's. Visit https://www.eastsideusd.org/ for more information.
- Eastside Elementary School 6742 East Avenue H, Lancaster, CA 93535
- Columbia Elementary School 2640 East Avenue J-4, Lancaster, CA 93535
- Enterprise Elementary School 3730 East Avenue J-4, Lancaster, CA 93535
- Tierra Bonita Elementary School 44820 North 27th Street East, Lancaster, CA 93535
- Cole Middle School 3216 East Avenue I, Lancaster, CA 93535
Keppel Union School District:
Lunch and take-home breakfast will be provided Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Alpine Elementary
- Antelope Elementary
- Daisy Gibson Elementary
- Keppel Academy
- Lake Los Angeles Elementary
- Pearblossom Elementary
Lancaster School District:
Breakfast and Lunch served Monday through Thursday from 9:30 to 10:30 (Friday's meal kit, including Monday's breakfast is distributed each Thursday).
- Amargosa Creek Middle School
- Desert View Elementary
- Discovery Elementary
- Jack Northrop Elementary
- Joshua Elementary
- Lincoln Elementary
- Linda Verde Elementary
- Miller Elementary
- Sunnydale Elementary
- West Wind Elementary
Palmdale School District:
Meals will be served walkup or drive-through style in front of the following schools from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.:
- Chaparral Elementary (MUST enter from 40th Street East and exit onto Avenue S)
- Joshua Hills Elementary
- Tamarisk Elementary
- Mesquite Elementary
- Manzanita Elementary
- Quail Valley Elementary
- Yucca Elementary
- Summerwind Elementary
- The food truck will be at McAdam Park at the times listed above.
Westside School District:
Serving Times: 11:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
- Anaverde Hill Schools
- Del Sur School (Served at 90th and E-8. Look for White Truck)
Wilsona School District:
Breakfast and Lunch will be served from the District’s designated Bus Stops. Locations and schedules are available on the District’s website: www.wilsonasd.net