Summer Counseling Services
The Antelope Valley Union High School District is committed to the continued Mental Health Support for all our students through the summer break.
To access Mental Health Support, please call 661-418-2309. A School Mental Health provider will be available from 7:30 am - 12:00 pm and 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
If you need immediate support please call 911.
Please access additional resources HERE.
While our schools are closed for summer break, counselors are prepared to continue the support of our student’s academic, social/emotional, and college/career needs. Below are several ways in which students, parents, and staff can connect with a school counselor:
- Virtual one-on-one meetings using Google Meet or Zoom. Individuals are able to schedule a virtual one-on-one meeting.
- By visiting a "drop-in" Google Meet room
- Ask Counseling to contact you using our Google Check-in Request form: https://bit.ly/avcheckin2020
The Los Angeles County Office of Education has provided a list of resources for your use. Links to each are found below:
- National Association of School Psychologists: Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network: Helping Youth after Community Trauma: Tips for Educators
- National Association of School Psychologists: Understanding Race and Privilege
- Media Smarts: Talking to Kids about Hate in Media
- Anti-Defamation League: 5 Tips for Talking with Children about Hate Incidents
- SAMHSA: Tips for Talking with and Helping Children and Youth Cope After a Disaster or Traumatic Event
- Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health: Headspace Mindfulness and Meditation App
- Facing History and Ourselves